Website ATC Logistics
Job Description: Data Centre Installer
ATC is a European logistics, white glove, and technical services specialist for data centres. Our focus is on anticipating the critical needs of our clients and delivering industry-leading standards for safety, security and reliability. Since being established in 1979, we have continued to lead our dedicated teams across Europe to build strong relationships with our clients.
Our mission is to deliver and install Europe’s data centres with precision and care. We achieve this by focusing on our team and our services:
- Our Team – Powered by people to keep data centres moving safely and securely.
We recognise that our greatest strength is our staff, which is why we promote a culture of personal development and professional training, both internally and from leading industry bodies.
- Our Services – We provide a range of specialised services tailored to the individual needs and demands of each client, their equipment, and their data centre infrastructure.
From managing specialised computer transport, and IT relocation services, to logistics and planning, and data centre commissioning and decommissioning; we adapt our 40+ years of expertise to every situation.
ATC operates in a dynamic global market where clients demand a service that is right first time, every time; we are recruiting motivated and driven people to work in a company that is Driving Forward.
ATC’s Data Centre Installers (DCIs) provide an essential service to our clients across Europe. They work inside our clients’ data centres delivering, positioning, and installing server racks to build their cloud infrastructure. Safety, security and customer service are the priorities for all ATC employees.
The DCI role provides candidates with opportunities to learn and develop. There are pathways to delivery supervisor, cabling technician, or team leader, and training and mentorship are provided. Candidates can also travel with work as part of ATC’s Mobilisation Team.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities
- Attend clients’ sites on time, with all required equipment, uniform, procedures and documentation, and PPE.
- Unloading, unpacking with power tools and positioning customers’ IT hardware (server racks).
- Lifting up to 30-40 kg is required, with occasional exertion up to 50kg (using safe lifting methods).
- Cabling server racks by patching and dressing fibre and copper cables (in certain regions, and training will be provided).
- Providing industry-leading customer service levels by acting professionally with clients and colleagues at all times.
- Following clients’ procedures and requirements, including health and safety, and security.
- Communicating with colleagues, including managers, planners, team leaders and supervisors, in a consistent, timely, and efficient manner. Reports include arrival times, delays, safety concerns, and completion times.
- Completing daily checklists and providing reports on daily activities or tasks, including other general administration tasks.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time in line with your skills and competencies.
The role requires flexibility and adaptability to changing situations and customer requirements, so the candidate must be comfortable working under pressure and on strict timelines. The candidate must be adaptable while performing tasks, ready to change priorities and maintain professional communications with clients, colleagues and vendors. The successful candidate will be required to possess and demonstrate the following:
- Strong organisational and problem-solving skills, with high levels of attention to detail.
- Valid class B driving licence with a good driving record.
- Basic experience with hand and power tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Email.
- Language proficiency: B1 level in English and A2 level in the country of employment.
The following qualifications, skills and experience would be an advantage.
- Prior experience in a data centre, logistics or construction environment.
- Ability to be flexible and travel for work.
- Ability to complete checklists in Excel (or Teams) based on daily activities.
- Prior experience with the installation of structured cabling, including fibre and copper.
Compensation & benefits
- The remunerating package, including salary and benefits, is negotiable depending on experience. The package may include the following:
- Competitive market salary.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development will also be provided.
- Company pension plan (varies by region, subject to local employment laws).
- Sports & social club.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org