Website ATC Logistics
Job Description: Systems Administrator
- ATC is a European logistics, white glove, and technical services specialist for data centres. Our focus is on anticipating the critical needs of our clients and delivering industry-leading standards for safety, security and reliability. Since being established in 1979, we have continued to lead our dedicated teams across Europe to build strong relationships with our clients.
Our mission is to deliver and install Europe’s data centres with precision and care. We achieve this by focusing on our team and our services:
- Our Team – Powered by people to keep data centres moving safely and securely.
We recognise that our greatest strength is our staff, which is why we promote a culture of personal development and professional training, both internally and from leading industry bodies.
- Our Services – We provide a range of specialised services tailored to the individual needs and demands of each client, their equipment, and their data centre infrastructure.
From managing specialised computer transport, and IT relocation services, to logistics and planning, and data centre commissioning and decommissioning; we adapt our 40+ years of expertise to every situation.
- ATC operates in a dynamic global market where clients demand a service that is right first time, every time; we are recruiting motivated and driven people to work in a company that is Driving Forward.
- We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
Role Requirements & Responsibilities
- Install and configure software, hardware and networks
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls, as well as efficiency of IT Infrastructure
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Ability to be flexible in respect of work standards and demands. Capable of working under pressure at times and to strict deadlines. Ability to complete tasks. Resilient and able to deal with changing priorities. The successful candidate will be required to possess and demonstrate:
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Ability to create scripts in Python, Perl or other language
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus
The following qualifications, skills and experience would be an advantage.
- A working knowledge of a European language.
- Experience of MS SharePoint in a corporate environment.
Compensation & benefits
- The remunerating package, including salary and benefits, is negotiable depending on experience. The package may include:
- Competitive market salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Company pension plan
- Sports & social club
- Hybrid working environment
- Opportunities for continuing professional development will also be provided.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org